Saturday, October 6, 2012

Sesame Street: Idea #7

Did you watch Sesame Street as a kid? Well, maybe your child should watch it too! Check out the website: http://www.sesamestreet.org. It has great games and videos for all of the letters of the alphabet. 

When I get to the Sesame Street homepage, I type in the search bar whatever letter my student needs help with. For example, if my student is struggling with the letter n sound, I would type 'letter n' in the search bar. Then a list of videos and games are shown that can help my struggling reader. 

The kids in my 1st grade class loved watching the short movie clips and playing the games on Sesame Street. Not only is it fun, but it's also educational!

1 comment:

  1. sesame street has free podcasts for each letter. It's probably the same as the website, but I love being able to organize them in itunes. The Electric Company and Hooked on Phonics also have a few AMAZING and free podcasts

    ReplyDelete