Saturday, October 27, 2012

Letter Game: Idea #27

Going on a family road trip any time soon? If so, you may want to try this letter sound game in the car. It is very similar to the alphabet game, if you've ever played that one before. I just changed the rules a little bit. Here's how you play:

1. Decide on a letter sound you would like your student to practice. Then say the following sentence: "I went on a road trip and I brought a  ________" You must fill in the blank with something that begins with the letter sound you decided on. For example, if the letter sound you chose was C, you might say the following sentence: "I went on a road trip and I brought a caterpillar". The item does not need to be something that you actually brought with you.

2. Then your student takes a turn. They must say the word you said and another word that begins with the letter sound. For example, "I went on a road trip and I brought a caterpillar and corn."

3. Then the third person (if there is one) takes a turn by thinking of another word that begins with c and must remember the other two previously mentioned. For example, "I went on a road trip and I brought a caterpillar, corn, and a computer."

4. The game finally ends when someone either cannot think of a word that begins with the letter sound chosen or forgot one of the words already mentioned.

This game is the perfect game to play on a long road trip. Not only is it time consuming, but it is also educational!

No comments:

Post a Comment