Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Letter Shirt: Idea #23

When I was in 1st grade, my teacher asked each student in my class to bring in a white solid shirt on the last day of school. When we got to school, our teacher gave each of us puffy paint to sign our names on everyone's white shirts. I cherished my shirt and wore it all the time.

Now, I'm not saying that all kids are like me, but most kids enjoy making things. Try making a letter shirt with your student. It is simple to do. 

1. Buy a white shirt for your student (or find an old one) 
2. Write the letter that your student needs to practice really large on the shirt (in marker) or buy a shirt that already has the letter on it
3. Have your student draw pictures all over the shirt that begin with that letter sound (using marker)
4. Student can wear the shirt to be reminded of things that start with that letter sound

Make sure your student uses many colors when drawing the pictures. If they only use one color it will be more difficult to understand what is on the shirt!

No comments:

Post a Comment