Friday, October 19, 2012

Dr. Jean: Idea #19

Music is a great way to help kids learn their letter sounds. It seems like once children have learned an educational song, the information sticks. Just like when kids learn their ABC's. 

One of my favorite educational musicians is Dr. Jean. She has tons of great cds out there to help kids learn. 
Listen to this song that she sings about letter sounds: Alphardy.

If you think that song is helpful, you should check out her website at: http://www.drjean.org/. She writes and sings songs including: starting school, friendship, counting, and even the weather. 

All of her music is easy to learn and is written especially for young ages. When I was a teacher I used her music to help my students get their wiggles out. The best part was they were learning while they were moving

If you don't have the money to buy one of her cds, check out her music on her website, or on youtube. I hope you find some useful songs.

No comments:

Post a Comment