Friday, April 26, 2013

Comic Books: Idea #208

What kind of books does your student like to read? When I was a kid I loved to read comic books during silent reading time. I preferred the Barbie comic books, but at school the only comic books that my 1st grade teacher had were Archie comics. Those comics books helped motivate me to want to read. Does your student also like comic books? If so, read on...

I did a little research I found this great company that makes beginning reader comic books. The company is called TOON into Reading. The books are simple, starting with level 1 and go up to level 3. You can either buy the books or read some of them online. The website includes cartoon makers, coloring pages, and popsicle puppets to make learning even more fun! 

If your kid is really excited about comics, you should tell them about Free Comic Book Day coming up on May 4, 2013. What a great way to motivate your student to want to read. I know that's what got me excited to read when I was young!

No comments:

Post a Comment