Saturday, February 16, 2013

Word Search: Idea #139

Kids love a good word search, as long as it's not too difficult. Make your student a simple word search using sight words they need to practice. Your student will learn how to spell and read these words by doing this. Plus, they will have fun doing it!

I made my word search 6 boxes by 6 boxes. You can make yours larger or smaller, depending on the ability of your student. I picked ten sight words for my student to practice and wrote them at the bottom of the page. I also included a little check box for them to check the words off as they found them. I made this word search really simple. None of the words are backwards or diagonal, except for the word for. Since that one is tricky I put stars around it.

Once your student has completed the word search, have your student read each sight word they found and point to where it is. You can also find some printable sight word searches here. Have fun learning!

No comments:

Post a Comment