Friday, May 24, 2013

I Have, Who Has: Idea #236


A great way to get your students practicing their sight words is to play the game I Have, Who Has. It is easy to make and play. Here is what you do:

1. PREPARATION: Click here to print off the I Have, Who Has template. 

2. Fill in the cards using sight words or other words your students need to practice.

3. TO PLAY: Give each student a card and have them stand in a circle.

4. The student with the Start card begins the game. For example, the student who begins may say, "Who has she?" All the students then look at their cards and the person who has the she card then reads their card, "I have she. Who has the?"

5. When a student finishes reading their card, have them sit down so you can keep track of who has had a turn.

6. The last student standing will read their card. It will only say: "I have _____" and not ask a question, since it is the end of the game.

This game helps students read sight words quickly and fluently. I found this idea here. Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment